Dental implants surgery can be a big decision to make. It is important to know all the details & consider pros and cons of treatment to know what to expect
What is Gum Disease? An inflammatory condition that affects the gums, the ligaments holding teeth in place, and the bone surrounding teeth.
The first signs of gingivitis can easily be detected at regular checkups. We carefully probe your gums to check for any signs of bacterial infection.
A serious condition as it enables gaps, pockets to form in between the teeth and the gum line. Pockets are breeding ground for bacteria.
Periodontists NYC | Dr. Daniel Royman and Dr. Daria RayzmanDaniel Royzman DDS, MMSc is an internationally recognized Board Certified Periodontist. Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and a Clinical Professor of Periodontolgy at Columbia University. Received extensive training in Periodontology and Oral Biology at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Daniel Royzman has been published in the Journal of Periodontology. Recieved number of prestigious awards and recognitions. Dr. Royzman was selected to be an examiner for the American Board of Periodontology.
Daria Royzman DDS is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, New York University College of Dentistry with honors. Lectured on periodontal therapy and implant surgery nationally. Former president of New York Chapter of the American Association of Women Dentists. Providing periodontal and dental implants services to patients in New York City’s 5 boroughs and the Westchester area.
D&D Periodontal & Implant Surgery Center was established by a Dr. Daria Royzman and Dr. Daniel Royzman, brother and sister professional team of Board Certified New York Periodontists. We are a highly specialized NYC periodontal and implant center located in Midtown NYC that utilizes the latest innovative biotechnology in conjunction with esthetic surgical expertise.
- Tooth Extraction – We do everything possible to ensure tooth extractions are smooth and comfortable. Tooth extractions are normally very safe but some people do have particular conditions that put them at risk of infection as the procedure can allow harmful bacteria in the mouth to enter the bloodstream. We would want to know your full medical history beforehand so we can make sure you are not at risk.
- Esthetic Crown Lengthening – Are your teeth a bit shorter than you’d like? This is a common problem and can make a smile appear ‘gummy.’ Although it might seem as if the teeth are shorter than normal, in many cases they will be the correct length but are simply covered up with too much gum tissue.
- Gummy Smile – When you smile do you notice you show more gum tissue than you’d prefer? Does it appear as if your upper teeth are too short in comparison to the amount of gum tissue shown when smiling? If the answer is yes then you may have what’s called a “gummy smile.
- Gum Recontouring Procedure – Gum recontouring is a common procedure in which excess gum tissue is trimmed away, exposing the teeth underneath. This is a quick and relatively comfortable treatment that can easily correct a gummy smile.
- Gum Grafting (Receding Gums) – Apart from looking unsightly, receding gums can cause dental problems. Tooth roots are more easily decayed as they are covered in a substance called cementum that is much softer than dental enamel, leaving them vulnerable to decay causing bacteria.
- Osseous Surgery (Gum, Pocket, Flap Reduction) – This surgical procedure is used to smooth and reshape the bone affected by gum disease, creating a shallower pocket that is harder for bacteria to colonize.
- Sinus Lift Surgery – Sinus lift surgery is a procedure to add more bone to your upper jaw around the region of molars and premolars. You may also hear this procedure called a sinus augmentation. The bone is added in between your upper jaw and your sinuses which are located on either side of your nose.
- Bone Grafting, Tissue Regeneration – We use minimally invasive procedures to help regenerate lost tissues, including bone, periodontal ligaments and gum tissue. This can be achieved by using special membranes that help direct the growth of these new tissues and which can be used in combination with other treatments including bone grafts and the use of tissue stimulating proteins.
- Ridge Augmentation – A ridge augmentation helps to replace lost bone and will recreate the natural contours of the jawbone, providing more pleasing results once implant surgery is completed.
As a top rated NYC periodontists and NYC dental implants specialists, Dr. Daniel Royzman and Dr. Daria Royzman use latest dental equipment available on the market today and provide highly personalized and comprehensive care.
D&D Periodontal & Implant Surgery Center, under management of top periodontists in NYC Dr. Daniel Royzman and Dr. Daria Royzman, offer best periodontal and dental implants procedures to patients from New York City area. For more information about periodontal treatment or dental implants options offered in Midtown, NYC please contact our Manhattan, NYC center.
NYC Periodontists and Dental Implants Specialists
Board Certified Periodontist and Implant Specialist. Assistant Clinical Professor Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Get to know us
Who we are?D&D periodontal associates is a highly specialized periodontal and implant center that utilizes the latest innovative biotechnology in conjunction with esthetic surgical expertise to solve each individual patients, unique dental challenge and promote the most predictable long-lasting natural results.The ivy league graduates and highly trained Doctors, Dr. Daria Royzman and Dr. Daniel Royzman are board certified periodontist who have been practicing in midtown Manhattan for close to 10 years offer their patients the best possible treatment and improve each individuals oral and overall health while promoting the new standard of care in dental medicine.