We are top New York periodontists and dental implant specialists focusing on placing dental implants in Midtown Manhattan. Our highly specialized dental implant center located in Midtown, New York. Dr. Daniel Royzman and Dr. Daria Royzman uses latest dental equipment available on the market today and provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. D&D Periodontal & Implant Surgery Center under management of top NYC periodontists, offer best periodontal and dental implants procedures to patients from New York City area.
Deciding to have dental implants can be quite big decision to take and it is important to consider all the pros and cons of treatment so you know exactly what to expect. We will, of course, talk to you about this procedure and can answer any questions, but in the meantime we have listed a few pros and cons to think about.
Pros of Having Dental Implants
- Dental implants can provide the most aesthetically pleasing results
- Replacement teeth often look so natural that no-one need know you are missing any teeth.
- Your new implant teeth should function exactly like natural teeth so you will be able to enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Dental implants help preserve bone so the dimensions between your upper and lower jaw are maintained, which in turn helps to preserve your facial appearance, preventing your features from collapsing inwards.
- The structure of a dental implant is close to that of a natural tooth root and is extremely stable.
- A well-cared for dental implant can last you a lifetime. While the crown, bridge or denture may need replacing occasionally (as would any restoration), the actual implant post should be long-lasting.
- Dental implants only have positive effects on the remaining natural teeth as there is no need for them to be cut down or adapted in any way.
- They help to protect the rest of your natural teeth by spreading the forces created during biting and chewing.
Cons of Having Dental Implants
- Dental implants can sometimes be more expensive than other solutions for tooth loss, but if you take a long-term view then they can be a more cost effective choice.
- A small surgical procedure is necessary to insert the implant post.
- It can take several months for a dental implant to heal so the overall treatment time is lengthier, although some dental implant procedures can be completed relatively quickly.
- Heavy smokers have an increased chance of implant failure.
- You need to be prepared to look after your dental implant. You should continue to maintain good oral hygiene.
For more information about NYC dental implants specialist, implants options offered in Midtown, NYC as well as periodontal treatment options please contact our Manhattan, NYC center:212-759-7763